TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR ENUMERATORS FOR TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT IN HOUSEHOLD SURVEY
Position Title: Enumerator 9 people (3 per district)
Duty Station/Locations: Abudwak, Adado and Galkayo South Districts – Host community and IDPs
Position Category: Temporary – based on the required timeframe
Contract Period: 10 days
Reporting To: Project Manager
Dates Required : Immediately
Centre for Peace and Democracy (CPD) is a national non-governmental and non-profit organization that works in South Central Somalia with the vision of a poverty-free and sustainably developed Africa.
CPD’s scope of work spans across the humanitarian, development, peace building and governance spectrum. The organization is currently recruiting competent and qualified enumerators based in based in Adado, Abduwak and Galkayo South Districts for the project; Emergency Support for Drought and Conflict-Affected Vulnerable IDP and Host Communities in Adado, Abduwak, and Galkayo South Districts. The organization plans to undertake registration of 966 vulnerable households in the 3 districts.
The registration duration will be 10 days. As such, there has arisen an opportunity for locally available and qualified university graduates or persons who can display relevant competence to be recruited to join a team of enumerators being recruited.
Duties and Responsibilities Scope of work The enumerators are responsible for carrying out interviews for the purposes of registration with individuals selected as per the sampling methodology for 10 days.
As enumerators, they will collect and record first-hand information and data from the identified households, with a responsibility to ensure the information collected is accurate, unbiased, and transparent. Each enumerator to do 10-15 interviews per day. The 10 days data collection duration includes 1 day of training for all enumerators.
- Collect data by using structured interviews with the sampled respondents and predeveloped questionnaires. Ensure database /collected data are completed and accurate.
- Work with project teams to mobilize communities for interviews and discussions.
- Ensure completeness of forms for accuracy and consistency after the data collection. Ensure data quality and sampling protocols by accurately and strictly following the guide/survey tools used for the specific data collection.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of information gathered.
- Ensure to collect accurate and the quality data by reviewing and editing the collected data by checking off all intentional and unintentional errors.
- Maintain effective teamwork and excellent communication with both the team leader and all other data collectors during fieldwork.
- Maintain effective communication with key staff to provide an update on the progress and challenges in the field and seek guidance on the way forward.
- Participate in data quality check exercises soon after data collection and have a close look at missing and error reported data. Requirements
- Experience in using digital data collection applications such as KoboConnect. Asking questions confidently and effectively with interviewees.
- A smart phone with GPRS capacities. Minimum academic qualifications; university degree or experience deemed adequate in undertaking surveys.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and field assessments
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written in both Somali and English.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward their application letters and CV showing three referees in one PDF document in English via E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th June 2022 quoting in the subject – “Temporary assignment as Enumerator in Household Survey”