Centre for Peace and Democracy (CPD) is a national non-governmental and non-profit organization that
works in South Central Somalia with the vision of a poverty-free and sustainably-developed Africa. CPD’s
scope of work spans across the humanitarian, development, peace building and governance spectrum.
The organization is currently recruiting a competent and qualified Project Manager based in Adado
District, Galmudug State to support the implementation of a project titled, “Multi-sectoral and
integrated humanitarian response for conflict and climatic shocks affected vulnerable communities in
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of the procurement
function for CPD’s operations. This position is responsible for ensuring the execution of overall
procurement annual plan and adequate procurement support to implement a wide variety of programs
which includes developing systematic ways of handling the function and managing all contracts for
procurement/purchasing, supplies and services, market assessments and analysis, and supplies costing.
The Procurement Manager is therefore responsible for efficient and effective organization and
coordination of the Procurement teams ensuring supply planning and proactive front end procurement
support to meet project needs and requirements, achieving compliance to Donor, Grants and CPD’s
procedures and systems and upholding high standards in procurement ethics.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for effective procurement management to ensure goods and services are purchased
on time to facilitate project implementation while ensuring the organization receives value for
- Cascade procurement related organization policy framework to all procurement staff while
ensuring clear understanding and application at all times.
- Ensure approval of the standard purchasing paperwork & processes in line with the Delegation
of Authority (DOA) and related guidelines.
- Engage in project proposal and design including project budgeting as well as providing input to
project proposals on key procurement aspects e.g. feasibility of activities materials
requirements, activity timelines considering supply timelines, procurement team resource
requirements for the project proposal.
- Lead and coordinate with the Logistics and Admin Department teams in designing,
implementation and monitoring of procurement operations for each project.
- Lead and coordinate with the Logistics and Admin Department teams in defining, implementing
and monitoring procurement KPIs – Set procurement targets and develop key performance
indicators for the procurement function.
- Provide feedback and advice on the Procurement Plans of the Program Units ensuring they are
prepared on time and are in line with Donor/ Plan policies requirements.
- Maintain and update the supplier database which is able to adequately serve the needs of the
- Advice on the various Grant procurement rules and regulation and monitor procurement
transactions to ensure compliance at all times.
- Effectively manage suppliers to ensure timely delivery of the requested supplies.
- Manage and oversee procurement contracts including troubleshooting, negotiation and supplier
- Manage and mitigate risk in the procurement function including fraud and corruption
- Produces weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for key management decision making on major
- Produces other procurement progress reports and shares these with all stakeholders regularly
and pro-actively, including audit following up on procurement related audit actions.
- Analyzes monthly procurement reports, follow up on arising issues to monitor procurement
performance and take corrective action.
- Implements agreed donor rules and regulations in procurement and usage of Donor funds.
- Capacity builds staff on various procurement processes and donor procurement rules.
- Conduct procurement compliance checks on field offices.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable candidates (preferably female) are encouraged to send their application made up of a cover
letter and updated resume with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 18th, 2021.